Facebook Algorithm Changes: What it Means For Business Pages Owners
Facebook states: “Overall, we anticipate that this update may cause reach and referral traffic to decline for some Pages. The specific impact on your Page’s distribution and other metrics may vary depending on the composition of your audience. For example, if a lot of your referral traffic is the result of people sharing your content and their friends liking and commenting on it, there will be less of an impact than if the majority of your traffic comes directly through Page posts.”
So what can you do to help maximize your reach and engagement on Facebook? Here are a few tips.
- Create engaging posts and content. Write content that will engage your audience and get them to respond – with a like, comment or share. This is key!
- Focus on more video posts. Video is key.
- Always include visuals in your posts. Pictures or video.
- Consider using Facebook Live for your business and create instructional or videos with Call to Actions (CTA’s) or engaging content.
- Check your Facebook Insights. See what works and what doesn’t.
- When all else fails, pay to reach your fans, customers and future customers with Facebook ads.