5 Ways to Get Your Business Found Online This Holiday Season
In 2015, search accounted for a combined total of 39.2 percent of retail orders (organic search with 21.5 percent and paid search with 17.7 percent). Is your business ready to be found this holiday season? Here are five ways to make sure shoppers find your business during the 2016 holidays.
1. Create a websiteWith so many people searching online, it’s surprising that almost 50 percent of U.S. small businesses still don’t have a website. If you don’t have a website yet, we can get you started, contact us today.
2. Optimize your website for searchIf you do have a website, great! Now it’s time to take advantage of search engine optimization (SEO) so your business shows up on the first page of search results when people are looking for what you offer. Not sure how to get started? Start here: What is SEO? Red Mango Marketing includes SEO services with all our clients website and website marketing updates.
3. Write fresh, timely blog contentBeyond people looking for specific items and your actual business, sometimes people are in the market for gift ideas or have questions about your product or service. When they search, fresh content in the form of blog posts can put your business at the forefront of search results. Here’s a simple way to start your blog. Keep in mind your website alone may not be enough. 40 percent of shoppers consult three or more channels, often in the process of shopping, before making a purchase; that’s why it’s important to have an online presence in as many places as possible.
4. Claim and update your listingsMore and more people turn to their favorite apps or listing sites to find businesses where they may want to spend their money. To top it off, 70 percent of mobile searches result in an online action within an hour of the search being conducted. If your business isn’t there or the information is wrong, you lose out. Here’s how you can start managing your online listings. Need help with this, talk to Red Mango Marketing. We work with our clients to claim and update their online listings.
5. Keep your social profiles active and up-to-dateShoppers consult friends on their favorite social channels for recommendations before they make purchase decisions. Make it easy for people to spread the word about you by keeping your social channels active and up-to-date. Here’s how to build your social media audience. Still not convinced you need to be online this holiday season? Keep this in mind: In 2015, 64 percent of all in-store sales, or sales to the tune of $2.2 trillion, were influenced by the internet. Your business should be online.
Here’s what you can do right nowIf you do only one thing before the holiday shopping season, start with the most popular search engine, Google. Make sure your business appears on Google Search and Maps. Want to get started with an online presence? Red Mango Marketing can help. Website development or management, SEO, Social Media Marketing and Email Marketing - talk to us today about growing your business online.
This entry was posted on Monday, September 19th, 2016 at 11:00 am and is filed under Blogging, Content Marketing, News & Updates, Online Marketing. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.