Google My Business Posts Getting Rejected?
Are your posts or events listed on your Google My Business page getting rejected? If your post/event gets rejected, you will see a red “Rejected” notice. Typically posts/events are rejected due to content or because of the photo/image being used or if your business is in a “sensitive” topics area. Sometimes words within the post/event will trigger a post rejection.
Even older, approved posts are now getting rejected.
So what can you do? Here are some tips to consider when writing your posts and using photos:
- No Links (even linking back to your page can cause a rejection)
- Do not add a phone number in the post text
- Do not add an address in the post text
- Do not use Hashtags in the post text
- Limit your word count to 80-100 words. While GMB offers you up to 300 words, it won’t all be visible.
- Imagine Size – 750 x 750. Properly cropped and not a stock photo. Photos sized to 250 x 250 are rejected.
- Avoid Text on your photos
- You need to make sure that you are using an appropriate landing page.
Keep these facts in your mind and start using Google My Business for your business now! You will love what comes along with it.