16 Email Marketing Tips for a Sweet ’16
These 16 Email Marketing tips will help your marketing stand out in 2016!
Ready to stand out with email marketing in 2016? Check out these 16 email marketing tips below or access the PDF here 16 Tips for a Sweet ’16 or read below.
- Start with a plan and set specific goals. Set one big marketing objective for the year, one for each quarter, and maybe one for each month. Keep them simple and specific so you can focus on how to achieve them.
- Ask for referrals. Word-of-mouth marketing is one of the most powerful sources of new business, so think back to all of the customers you’ve helped. Chances are that they have a network ready to buy from you. Don’t be afraid to ask!
- Make it easy for customers to find you. Whether someone is searching for your individual business or the answer to a problem that your business can solve, taking steps to improve your website’s visibility on Google will make it easy for your next great client to find you. Here are some tips to help you get started.
- Be mobile friendly. People are relying more and more on their mobile devices to consume and find information. It’s time to give serious consideration to making your digital communications mobile friendly. Make sure your website and your emails are optimized to work with mobile devices.
- Take it offline. Nothing holds the same power as getting together in person. Whenever possible, leverage those online acquaintances with offline events that bring people together. You’ll strengthen the relationships that can lead to long-term growth.
- Grow your list. Growing an email list may seem like a lofty goal, but remember: 90 percent of consumers like to receive promotional emails from the companies they do business with. Here are a few ideas to help you get started.
- Stand out in the inbox. Make sure people recognize that your emails are coming from you by using a consistent from name and from email address in every message you send out. Craft a compelling subject line that catches your readers’ attention and lets them know why they should click to open.
- Turn your Facebook fans into email subscribers. It’s important to connect with your Facebook fans in multiple ways, and one of the best ways to do that is through your email list. Email marketing works because it allows you to reach people in the place they go every day—their inbox! If you’re a Constant Contact customer, you can easily add an email sign-up form to your Facebook Page.
- Expose your business to new people with Instagram. This social network built for sharing photos is surging in popularity. Here’s how you can use it to get in front of new audiences.
- Create content that your customers care about. Finding content ideas can be easier than you think when you turn to your customers to guide you. After all, they’re the ones who will be reading and engaging with the content! Here are a few ways you can easily keep them engaged.
- Know the essential elements of a great fundraising email. For non-profit organizations, email marketing is a critical component of donor engagement. Here are five things to consider when designing your next fundraising email.
- Look great on social media. Great visuals have become a crucial aspect of online marketing—in fact, 63 percent of social media is made up of images! Use this handy sizing guide to make sure that you’re creating great images for your business’ social media channels.
- Take time to learn. Whether you’re looking for email marketing tips, general marketing advice, or other subject-specific guides, Constant Contact’s blog and YouTube channels are full of great resources to help you #BeaMarketer!
- Offer a discount or promotion. Whether it’s a coupon in your local paper, an annual sale at your store, a trackable coupon, or a special offer for your most loyal customers, discounts can be a great sales driver for your business. Consider putting together a special offer or promotion to attract new—or reward your best—customers.
- Welcome new email subscribers with an automated message. A good “welcome email” can set the tone for the relationship you plan to build with your new subscribers and helps engage them in your business or organization. Here are eight tips to help you create a more effective welcome email.
- Get feedback from your customers. Consider sending a survey to your customers to create a two-way communication channel. You can ask for ways to improve your services or products, get topic suggestions for your blog, or even just do a little customer research.
This entry was posted on Tuesday, December 29th, 2015 at 3:09 pm and is filed under News & Updates. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Responses are currently closed, but you can trackback from your own site.